Kappa Alpha Theta Formal

QTHON

FTK Night

FTK Night was a promotional event for QTHON coming up. At FTK Night, the Morale dance was revealed, which is the dance that happens at every hour at QTHON. In addition, QTHON apparel was being sold, and registration for QTHON was at a discounted price. As a member of the Operations Committee, I sat at the registration table for FTK Night.  

HuskyTHON

I attended HuskyTHON this February with the QTHON Committee Members to get a glimpse of what QTHON will be like on March 25, 2017. At HuskyThon, we attended as a group from 6pm to 12pm. We learned their morale dance, we walked around the facility to get ideas on how we wished to run QTHON, and we met a few miracle children from the Connecticut Children's Medical Center. Overall, HuskyTHON made me extremely excited for QTHON coming up!

Dodgeball for CASA

This was my first Dodeball for CASA as a Kappa Alpha Theta member. The event was held in Burt Khan in the Recreation Center. Most teams were students from other Greek organizations, as well as a few sports teams and club sports teams that participated. At our event, Theta's stood on the sidelined, reffed the games, played music, and cheered on the teams playing at the time. In addition, we also sold jewelry to raise extra money for CASA. 

KICKS FOR CASA

As a new member of Kappa Alpha Theta, this fall I attended my first Kicks for CASA philanthropy event. This event was held outside on the quad. Kicks for CASA was a kickball tournament where teams signed up to participate. Most teams were students from other Greek life organizations. At the event, all Theta's walked around, cheered on the teams, and made sure the event was running smoothly. I had such an amazing time at my first Kicks for CASA. 

KAPPA ALPHA THETA BLACK AND GOLD BALL

As a freshman in Kappa Alpha Theta, I attended my first Black and Gold Ball this fall. Saturday, November 5 was the date of the ball. My boyfriend came to visit from school to attend with me. As we attended the ball, dinner was served and everyone was dancing all night. There was a photobooth to take pictures in to take home with you as memories. I had such an amazing time at my first Black and Gold Ball, and I am extremely proud to be a Theta. 

YOU DONT KNOW JACK

As a new member of Kappa Alpha Theta, I attended my first You Dont Know Jack philanthropy event. You Dont Know Jack is an event where a pair of friends go up on stage and answer questions about eachother. Whoever got the most questions correct moved on to the next round. As a Kappa Alpha Theta new member, my job at the event was to cheer on the competitors and monitor the event to make sure it was running smoothly. 

QUINNIPIAC BOBCATS HOCKEY GAME

I attended the Quinnipiac Bobcats Men's Hockey Team's game when they played Union College. The team lost 5-2 against Union. Union was outshooting them for majority of the game, and Quinnipiac couldn't seem to put the puck in the net. Many fans, unfortunetly, left early because the Bobcats were losing, which shows bad school spirit. I stuck around for the entire game, cheering on the team from the school that I am proud to be a part of. 

BOSTON DAY TRIP

Quinnipiac provided a bus for a day trip to Boston this fall. Myself and 3 of my roommates went on the trip for the day. We boarded the bus early in the morning and left for Boston. Once we got there, we walked around the North End first. We ate lunch at Mother Anna's in the North End, and we then went over to Mikes Pastry for cannolis. After the North End, we went to Fanuel Hall to shop and explore Quincy Market. The bus back to campus left at 5. 

FROZEN FTK NIGHT

As a member of the operations committee for QTHON, I participated in our Frozen FTK Night. This night was dedicated to raising money for QTHON in March to reach us to our goal. At this event, there were many different stations to attend, including ice cream sundae bar, hot chocolate machines, decorating sugar cookies, purchasing QTHON apparel and stickers, etc. At each station, you would donate a dollar to participate in the activity. In addition, we participated in kareoke with music from the movie "Frozen." Towards the end of the event, we announced how much money was raised throughout the night. We also got to meet a family and a child from the Connecticut Children's Medical Center. 

GINGERBREAD HOUSE COMPETITION

Within Mountainview, the Resident Assistants set up an event for a gingerbread house competition. The competition took place on the second floor of Mountainview. Each team was provided with the necessary materials to build a house, including gingerbread houses, candy, frosting etc. My suite seperated into two teams of 4 to compete against eachother. My team built a house called "Candy Land." Although we did not win the competition, it was a great bonding experience for my suite.