MY SHORT-TERM GOALS

• STUDYING ABROAD SPRING 2016 (PERUGIA, ITALY) - Ever since my week-long mission trip in Montego Bay, Jamaica during my junior year of high school, I have become more eager to travel to countries outside of my home country in order to educate myself on diverse cultures, to step out of my comfort zone and mature as both a student and an individual, and, most importantly, to learn more about my place and purpose in the international community. Given my English Major and my enrollment in the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Elementary Education Program, I can see myself gaining a new perspective on the importance of education through a different culture and potentially teaching English as a second language to children in other countries. Taking this opportunity during my time at Quinnipiac would allow me to broaden my horizons as I pursue my dream occupation as an educator. This all being said, I hope to travel to Perugia, Italy this Spring Semester and begin my international education upon my acceptance into the Umbra Institute.